establishment of school
Government High School Diplo came into being in 1931 in the shape of Anglo Vernacular classes. It was raised to Anglo Vernacular School in 1937 and it was upgraded to High School in April 1944. It is situated in the east side of the Diplo town. From the very beginning till September 1972; it was controlled by District Council Tharparkar and than the control was taken by the Provincial Government. Diplo Town stands at the farther southern end of Desert Sub-Division. The population of Diplo town is about 25,000.
The school from its babyhood was located in a private rented Building up to 1961. The Government Building was completed in 1961 and after that the school is housed in that building. It consists a grand building having a Drawing Hall, Laboratory Hall, Meeting Hall, Headmaster’s Office, Office Room, Staff Room, Water Hut and 10 (Ten) Class Rooms. All the rooms are airy and well lighted.
Performance of school
It is an admitted fact that this School, being the only High School in Taluka Diplo has enjoyed WORLD-WIDE fame and a coveted position so for academic aspects is concerned. Its unprecedented academic levels attracted many students from remote places such as Taluka Nagarparkar, Mithi, Tando Bago, Badin and Digri to seek admission in this school. It will be no exaggeration to say that more than 80% local inhabitants are educated in Diplo Town. All the businessmen are either Graduate or Matriculates. The Labour Class people such as Tailor Master, Masons, Cobblers, Biri Makers, Butchers, and Barbers etc. are also Matriculates. This bears ample testimony to the facts that this School has done a tremendous service. Apart from it the people of all villages of Taluka Diplo are profited a lot from this School.
Every year this School has shown a brilliant Result of SSC-I & II Examination. When High School Scholarship Examination and other Departmental and competitive Examination on District level held; this school won more than 80% seats.
This School had a scout troop duly registered. In 1985 only this School from Desert Sub-Division was selected to participate in tenth National Scout Jamboree at Lahore. This school did participate and proved it worth in some of the items especially in THAREE LOK DANCE.
History taken from the book of Qazi Ali Mohammad sb ( safar zindagi jo )
a tradition of philanthropy
Before 1931, in absence of facilities for Secondary Education at Diplo Town, some student from Memon Community went to far off places Tando Bago, Mirpurkhas to receive Education. As a matter of facts, they became a source of inspiration for others to educate their children. From among the Memon community Late Ghulam Mohammad S/O Sahib Dino, Late Saeen Haji Abu Talib, Late Haji Bhale Dino and Qazi Ali Muhammad Rose to the occasion and launched a systematic campaign to get Anglo Vernacular (A.V) classes opened in Diplo Town. They kept the ball rolling and get A.V School in 1937. Their philanthropic nature prompted them not to drop the thread, so they kept their efforts a pace to see it a High School. In early forties, Qazi Ahmed Muhammad helped them in their efforts. In those days it was not easy to get a High School for a far flung place like Diplo, but their UN-tiresome efforts they got High School for Diplo Town in 1944.
hostel & Hostel Mosque
A Muslim and a Hindu Hostel were attached to this school since it was A.V School. Formerly Local Board’s Building was provided for Hostel. But when the school was raised to High School, the number of Inmates in the Hostel increased and the Hostel students resided in rented buildings (houses) too. In 1958, a new Hostel building was constructed. That was dilapidated in 1977. The Hostel Students then faced un-told residential problems. However the then Head Master Mr. Muhammad Usman Memon solved their problem by making residential arrangement in School Building. He moved authorities on personal level for providing a Hostel Building. Dr. Muhammad Saleh Memon an old student of this School and then Secretary Health pursued this matter very vigorously and got the building sanctioned for the Hostel in 1978.
The Hostel has a beautiful Mosque where about 500 people can easily offer prayers at a time. This Mosque has been constructed on SELF HELP BASIS in 1985 with the UN-tiring efforts of Mr. Muhammad Usman Memon Head Master on chair. Mr. Muhammad Ismail S/O Haji Abutalib Memon took keen interest in collection of funds and proved as the chief patron.
This School introduced KHES WEAVING as a Vocational subject under Component –III for the students for the students of Class IX & X in the year 1976 up to 1990. It has flourished well and most of the students have skilled themselves in the Art so expertly, that kheses made by them have not only been admired locally but the same have been liked through out the province of Sindh and abroad too.
It is a well known fact that the people of Diplo Town are greatly inclined towards religion. Hence the staff of Diplo High School is imbued with patriotic spirits. Mr. Muhammad Usman Memon Headmaster and other teachers of this School also participated in Mujahid Force during 1965 war and got certificates of good performance at Runn Kuchh Sector. General Tikka Khan, the then General Officer Commanding, awarded a Merit Certificate, Not with standing the students and teachers of this school donated a hand some amount and other Material towards defence fund.